|The perfect opportunity for listening to the songs is while driving in the car.|
|The average North American spends countless hours each week in the car, often alone, and often with less than ideal choices from radio stations or even your own music collection.|
Songs in Spanish from Musicapaedia™ are ideal for making the most of your errand-running, commute, or long trips.
Musicapaedia™ is here to make it easier, and more fun!
I have been teaching languages for over 15 years, and have been a songwriter for 25. I have combined these two talents to create the Musicapaedia series, which seems to have no peer in the entire world (you can google that). I have received nothing but awesome feedback from both teachers and students (click here for testimonials) during the five years since I put out my first book and CD in 1999.
Since the songs are catchy, and appeal to nearly everyone, you will probably end up memorizing the lyrics after many pleasant listening experiences ( click here to listen to a song).
This will have a powerful effect on your retention of the language, especially when you also do the exercises provided in the lesson activities books, in the organized sanctity of your own home.
About the Author
Over 90% of pop songs chosen at random are nearly useless for beginners because
1) the grammar is too advanced for most students who are at the beginning level, and
2) there is no vocabulary or theme or grammar focus.
3) the lyrics are not always clear “in the mix,” or are sung rapidly
What was needed for an absolute guarantee of appeal and success, especially for beginners and intermediate level students, was:
1) the songs had to be great (you’ll have to be the judge of that!). No one will bother to listen, or follow up in the learning, if the songs are not musically catchy or appealing (my songwriting inspiration is the Beatles, as well as generally the classic rock of the 60s and early 70s. This just so happens to be the music I like, and it just so happens to appeal to all ages!);
2) the lyrics had to be focused on grammar points that are normally taught together --
At the same time, the lyrics had to tell a story or paint a picture as any good song would--not an easy task, but I did it!
Two of the three books contain songs that are almost entirely in the present tense,
so that beginners may learn through music in this fun way!
There is nothing that compares to this in the entire world (--a “grand claim” I know, but google and find out for yourself!);
3) there had to be a lesson activities book that went beyond a simple side-by-side of the lyrics in both languages, or extension activities that required special cultural knowledge, or clapping your hands at certain intervals, or simply filling in missing words in the song from a “word-bank” (although the latter is an absolutely wonderful way of first listening to the songs, and is an important part of the Musicapaedia™ program!)
In a word, I used every pedagogical trick in the book to milk the most out of each song’s lyrics, for the purpose of teaching and learning the language.
The exercises speak for themselves.
Check out the website!
Please click here to see sample lessons!
Please click here to see artistic culminating activities that integrate what students inspired by Musicapaedia™ learned from the songs!
Please click here to read unsolicited testimonials from those who have enjoyed the Musicapaedia™ musical learning program!
Please click here to listen to any of the songs on all three CDs!
Please click here to order now!
Get your Musicapaedia books and CDs for FREE! HOW?GET two (2) of your friends or colleagues to order any combination, bulk, or single product offer shown on the order page, and you get the identical offer for free! All you do is order two (2) of anything, and REQUEST in the COMMENT BOX that you are doing this offer and would like a third set free, and that will do it! For example, if you order 2 sets of the 3 Book/CD offer at $84.95 each set -- which is already at a discount -- then I will toss in another set of the 3 Books and CDs (totaling 9 books and CDs for the price of 6).